Production Log 3
I have refined my interview questions and made sure that all of the arrangements have been made in order for my interview to run smoothly. After I checked over my interview questions for the last time, I e-mailed a copy of the questions to Wendi Takemoto’s secretary, so they could be checked over again and sent to Wendi. I have also come to terms with who my target audience will be for my interview. Since the question we are addressing in this interview is what the effect of technology is having on today’s students, my main audience will be students, parents, and teachers. I have decided that what I wish for my audience to obtain from watching our interview is an understanding of what an impact technology is having on students today. My main goals for my interview is for it to run smoothly, attain the type of conversation needed in order for the viewers to stay interested, and make sure that I convey to the audience my message.
I feel that my interview will fit perfectly into our documentary for two major reasons. First, my interviewee was able to give me many details on our topic, which she knows because her job deals with our subject. Second, I was able to ask her many questions that were relevant to our documentary. She responded with interesting facts about our technology system here at Punahou School. This will interest the viewer, as these sorts of facts always do well in a documentary. In my interview, I am going to use an angle that gives the viewer a picture of where Wendi Takemoto works and what kind of work she does. For example, she will be sitting at her desk with her computer in the background. In order to make this a successful interview, I need to make sure that I am well prepared in advance. By stating this, I mean that I need to arrange a set up time to get the camera from ITV, rehearse the manner in which I will ask specific questions, and make sure that my interviewee understands all of my questions. My interview might not run as planned. For instance, I could arrive for my interview and Wendi Takemoto could be sick, or I could be in the middle of my interview asking a question and I might find that the answers to some of my questions are the same, or we could be in the middle of our interview and an emergency occurs and I am left without an interview. In composing my questions, I have assumed that there are more Macintosh computers than PC computers. I have also assumed that for the laptop program, all of the laptops are going to be Macintoshes.
I have planned well in advance for my interview, so hopefully everything goes as I have planned.
Production Log 4
I have visited the site of my interview and it seems to be a perfect place. I will conduct my interview in my interviewee’s office. She is able to shut her door, so that we have no background noises. I am able to shoot my scene with her desk and computer in the background. She has lighting in her office, so I will not have to worry about the room being too dark. She has just enough room in her office for me to sit across from her and ask her questions with the opportune amount of distance between us. I can very simply take a picture of her empty chair, which would resemble my transition shot. The interview would be perfect there because it gives the viewers the opportunity to see her in her working environment. With my choice of frame, you can see that she has many papers on her desk, which will tell the viewers how busy she is every day. The establishing shots will show her knowledge of computers, as you can see many pieces of technology in the background. This major theme of technology will tie into the rest of our documentary, since our topic is technology. I feel that my interview will be consistent with the rest of our documentary, especially because most of our interviews are located somewhere on Punahou’s campus like my interview. I refer constantly to our documentary’s topic of technology changing our lives. I feel that we should try to influence less dependence on technology because if there is a time when we don’t have technology, we will not be able to keep learning at our normal rate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment