Monday, September 17, 2007

Documentary Brainstorming

Our class decided on a documentary of modern technology’s affect on people’s social lives. Our documentary should address major questions lingering in people’s minds. I should address questions about what new technology is attracting many to the shopping aisles and what is making those gadgets so irresistible. I feel that this documentary should be addressing people of all ages, as I believe that this will help everyone feel like they are connected to this subject, not just one group of people. Interviewing people of all ages will help others understand different perspectives in regard to our subject.

I will ask questions similar to the following: Why and how does technology play a major role in our social and everyday lives? In what ways do you feel that you use technology to benefit your social life? What are the new gadgets that most people are longing for and why do people wish they had them? Are some pieces of technology hazardous to our lives or threatening to people in some way? I feel that these questions will help my viewers understand the various ways in which technology is impacting our lives.

I chose these questions because I would like for the person I will be interviewing to first give me background knowledge on my subject and then incorporate their opinion into their answers; in this manner, the viewer, no matter how opinionated they are, can develop their reasoning on the issue. It would be beneficial to everyone if the person I am interviewing is educated and/or familiar with modern technology. In order to have a productive interview, I believe it is necessary for me to do some research prior to my interview. This research will help me not only understand the topic better, but during my interview, I can integrate what I learned from my research to help with the interview process.

I believe that these key components are needed to make my interview a success and I plan to incorporate them in my interview.

No comments: